Sunday, September 26, 2010

NewAir G73 Electric Garage Heater With Built-In Thermostat

I haven't seen the electric bill yet so I'm giving this heater 5 stars. I had previously bought one of the propane Reddy Heaters (RLP50VA see my review on that) to heat my garage but that heater was completely unsuitable for that task. This one is perfect, it heats up the garage quickly and is quiet and clean. It is a 240v heater and requires a hardwired installation so is a little bit of a pain but I wired everything up and had an electrician friend come check out my work before I turned it on and all was OK. Needed a 30A dual pole circuit breaker and 10/2 wire along with a junction box and flexible connecting cable but it was worth the effort! My garage is a garage under (standard Colonial) 26x22 so the ceiling is insulated but nothing else is. Living in NH, a heated garage for working on the cars is pretty much a necessity and I would recommend this heater highly.

My Shop is a little over 500sq ft not insulated and this little giant heat it up with ease and keeps it that way. When I first installed it the temperature outside was around 30 degrees and in less than 45 minutes my shop was at 72 degrees. It is also very quiet and very easy to install. You can hard wire if you do not have an outlet for 220v near by but if you do like me just pig tail it with a 30 amp #10 cord/cable and you`re done. I`m very happy with this Dayton G73 Electric Garage Heater With Built-In Thermostat. A+

No comments:

Post a Comment