Monday, September 27, 2010

Electric Garage Heater

I was looking for an electric garage heater for my 3 car garage and small shop. This heater exceeds my expectations. I keep the garage at about 50 degrees when I am not working in my shop or on my car. I turn up the thermostat about 2 hours before I go out to work to bring it up to 65. Even when it is in the 20's outside the heater does the job. I am surprised by how much heat it puts out. The fan is quiet. I hired an electrician to install a 240 plug. It cost me $200 but it is very worth it to me to not have to fool with kerosene or propane. Also, I did an analysis of BTU's per hour and found out that electric heating is as cheap or cheaper than kerosene or propane. At least that's true in Tennessee where electricity costs about 8 cents per kilowatt hour. The NewAir Electric Garage Heater has been a blessing.With three walls and the ceiling insulated, my garage stays at 40 or better witout the heater due to heat from the inside of the house. Therefore it does not take much to keep it at 50 and the size of the space (~20X45X12) takes a while for the heater to bring it up 15 degrees. In summary, it works perfect, is quiet, and is just what I needed.You don't have to ask yourself what's the best electric garage heater.This is it.It's also great for the price,and I'd have no problem by recommending to anyone.Great buy,and a great garage electric heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment